Chat Log 11-28-12

The Marshal: When we last left our heroes, they were fighting an ant ghost.
Table table not found!
Table card_deck was reset.
Eddie rolled on table: Card_Deck
AThe Marshal rolled on table: Card_Deck
5Ulysses rolled on table: Card_Deck
5Jason Beighel rolled on table: Card_Deck
8Bear rolled on table: Card_Deck
6Eddie: “Hang on tight!”
Eddie: (( eot ))
Jason Beighel cringes and holds out his fire contraption. The closes his eyes and he presses the lever to unleash a blast of flames.
Alfred cringes and holds out his fire contraption. The closes his eyes and he presses the lever to unleash a blast of flames.
Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
1 succ. =

6
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

5
The Marshal rolled (agility) : 1d6!
4 =

4
The Marshal rolled (wild) : 1d6!
2 =

2
Alfred rolled (damage) : 2d10!
19 =

5
14
Alfred: “Outrageous bugs in this place. I can think of a number of scientists who would be most interested in their abnormal behavior…”
The Marshal: The ant-thing dissolves into a flaming mess of insect husks.
Ulysses: “Way to go Orkin man!”
Eddie: draws down to a walk and turns towards the group
Alfred: “Thank you sir for letting me double on your horse.” Alfred swings his leg over posie and promptly tumbles off and falls in a heap
Bear: continues to read the diary
Ulysses slowly approaches the pyre
Eddie: “Uhh, ain’t nothin’… no one’s hurt?”
Alfred: “Sir… uh… Mr. Ulysses was it? You there, come let me have a look at those injures. That glass left a nasty gash”
The Marshal: The pages in the diary flip on their own to a new page:
The Marshal: June 2nd, 1869“Jack says Kit is a bandit and a cur. I don’t believe him. I think Jack and his gang robbed that stagecoach. Kit wouldn’t do anything like that!”
The Marshal: The pages flip again…
Eddie: leans forward and whispers in Posie’s ear for a moment
The Marshal: June 17th, 1869“I can hardly write through my tears! Jack and his gang drug Kit out of the store and staked him to the fire ant nest by the well! The ants ate him alive! It took days for him to die but no one could help him. Jack said he’d shoot anyone who helped Kit or tried to put him out of his misery. They buried his body under the old live oak.”
Ulysses: “Thanks Per-fesser. It hurts real bad…”
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

13
Alfred rolled (d4_Skill) : 1d4!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Bear: reads the diary entries out load to the group
The Marshal: And they flip one more time:
The Marshal: July 15th, 1869 “More people are dead. Kit killed them. The preacher says he’ll keep on doing it unless his body is laid in hallowed ground. But anyone going near the tree is killed by Kit’s spirit. I can’t take this anymore. I tied a noose and I’m going to the barn…”
Alfred: “Now now. Don’t be foolish, that would might fester in this arid land. A few bandages is hardly any cost to prevent that. I did have that right didn’t it? Ulysses? I’m ever so bad with names”
Eddie: listens with a tilted head “That sounds awful.”
Bear: we need to dig him up and put his body into a holy place
Bear rolled (Tracking) : 1d4!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Bear rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

4
Ulysses: “Yea…Thanks doc”
Alfred: “That’s a horrible idea Kuruk. Is it the custom of your people to defile graves like that?”
Eddie: “Is there any place holy out here, I wonder…”
Bear: I used my mighty indian powers to track the body
Bear: goes to tree and stars digging
Ulysses: “How do we concentrate some ground?”
Eddie: follows along at a slow walk
Bear rolled (Tracking) : 1d4!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Bear rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

5
Bear: I can use my shamanistic magics
Ulysses: “Sounds painful chief”
Alfred: “Really now? Do you seriously intend to disinter that body?”
Eddie: “Ain’t so sure about this… this place’s angry.”
Bear: no I am going to dig it up and bury it in the church
Ulysses: “You said it Eddie. This place give me the creepers.”
The Marshal: Kuruk notices a couple of bones sticking out of the ground, but they are entwined with the roots of the tree. So an ax is a legitimate tool for this job.
Eddie: “You feelin’ any better Mister Ulysses?”
Ulysses: “Yes, doc here fixed me up real good”
Bear: uses his axe to clear away the brush and dig up the body
Alfred: “I really must protest. It’s very unnatural and ghoulish to fool about with corpses”
Ulysses rolled (Notice) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

1
Ulysses rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Eddie: “Is there even anybody alive ‘round here? All we seem’t’ve found is spooky stuff.”
Bear: I don’t tell you how to command science. You don’t tell me how to handle the spiritual
Alfred rolled (d4_Skill) : 1d4!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Eddie rolled : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

8
Eddie rolled : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

4
Bear rolled (notice) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

1
Bear rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

1
Alfred rolled on table: Card_Deck
2Bear rolled on table: Card_Deck
5Ulysses rolled (Intimidation) : 1d4!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Ulysses rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

1
Eddie rolled on table: Card_Deck
7Eddie: (( wrong I word ))
Ulysses rolled on table: Card_Deck
2The Marshal rolled on table: Card_Deck
QThe Marshal rolled (biting fists) : 1d6!
2 =

2
The Marshal rolled (wild) : 1d6!
4 =

4
Ulysses: “Woa! He’s back!”
Eddie: “I hear ya…” kicks Posie’s flanks and charges forward
Alfred: “Blasted insects! Ulliam give me some room and I’ll burn them again!”
Eddie: (( and brb ))
Bear rolled (grave digger) : 1d10
4 =

1
3
Bear: ’can’t seem to pull the body from the ground’
Ulysses steps back and draws both guns
The Marshal rolled (biting fists) : 1d6!
3 =

3
The Marshal rolled (wild) : 1d6!
3 =

3
Eddie: “Lookit mister, there’s somethin’ comin’ after you! Watch out!”
Ulysses rolled (Shooting) : 1d10!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Ulysses rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Bear: “Eddie, As soon as I get him free, can you and posies run him to the church gravyard?”
Eddie: “Huh? Get that free?”
The Marshal: The bullets go straight through the mass of ants.
Ulysses rolled (Shooting) : 1d10!>=4
1 succ. =

5
Ulysses rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

1
Ulysses: done
Bear: “the remains. I am going to pull them from the earth”
Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
1 succ. =

6
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Eddie: “Y’want me t’do what now?”
The Marshal rolled (agility) : 1d6!
1 =

1
Alfred rolled (damage) : 2d10!
14 =

8
6
The Marshal rolled (wild) : 1d6!
3 =

3
Alfred rolled on table: Card_Deck
QUlysses rolled on table: Card_Deck
9Bear rolled on table: Card_Deck
JEddie rolled on table: Card_Deck
8The Marshal rolled on table: Card_Deck
7Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
1 succ. =

4
The Marshal rolled (agility) : 1d6!
4 =

4
Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
1 succ. =

11
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

5
Alfred rolled (damage) : 2d10!
15 =

8
7
Bear rolled (potato digger) : 1d10
15 =

9
6
The Marshal: The roots split and expose the bones of Kit Harding. Bits of cloth still cling to him.
Bear: collects the unearthed body parts and calls out to eddie “come here and collect the body”
Alfred: “I think we should move along quickly. I can’t keep burning these bugs. My device will need recharging soon.”
Eddie: “Yeurgh… that book was fer real…”
Eddie: “‘Kay fine, where’s this church at…”
Bear: points to the building with the cross on it in the north east
Alfred: “That’s… thats just ghastly man! Even for a savage. This is absolutely indecent!”
Ulysses: “Ill cover ye”
Eddie: “Hope I’m not doin’ this much more… ’kay, here goes, get outta the way as soon as I got this, uhh, body…”
The Marshal: The small church is surrounded by a low stone wall. Strangely, several graves have been dug up in the yard.
Eddie: takes body, FULL GALLOP
The Marshal: Leaving many coffins exposed at ground level.
Alfred stands with his arms crossed and his back to the church.
The Marshal: Three skeletons lie on the ground clutching shovels, even though only bone, they seem to scream in fear.
Bear: Takes shovel from skeleton and starts to dig
Eddie: draws up to the entrance and stops on a quick step “’Kay, done my bit here….”
Bear: “eddie, grab a shovel and help me dig”
Eddie: shudders
Eddie: “Think I’m gonna stay out here Mister…”
The Marshal: Down at the ant hill, the ghost stirs again…
Bear: “dig faster”
Bear rolled on table: Card_Deck
KEddie: “Mister Alfred, how y’feel ‘bout ridin’ again…”
Ulysses rolled on table: Card_Deck
2Alfred: “I told you we should have just left well enough alone. Those blasted bugs are back.”
Eddie rolled on table: Card_Deck
9Alfred rolled on table: Card_Deck
AThe Marshal rolled on table: Card_Deck
10Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
1 succ. =

4
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

4
Alfred rolled (d8_Skill) : 1d8!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Alfred rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

9
The Marshal rolled (agility) : 1d6!
3 =

3
Alfred rolled (damage) : 2d10!
14 =

5
9
The Marshal rolled (wild) : 1d6!
4 =

4
Bear rolled (notice) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

3
Bear rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

4
The Marshal: As you frantically dig, you notice there are several already open graves…
Bear: takes the remains and throws them into an open grave
Bear rolled (potato digger) : 1d10
4 =

1
3
Bear: covers grave
Bear: “eddie, bury this tinderfoot and pray”
The Marshal: And with a chittering noise, the ant-man dissolves into a pile of regular fire ants.
Bear: puts the shovel in his pack
Eddie: “Hang on a sec, that thing’s stopped movin’ again…”
Alfred walks up to the ant hill, and shoots a stream of fire into it.
Alfred: “There, let that be the end of you”
The Marshal: The ant hill burns brightly for a moment.
Eddie: “So… that book was tellin’ the truth, an’ that fella y’dug up was… uhh, wantin’ t’be buried in a churchyard… an’ that’s all?”
Bear: He needed his final rest with his god
Alfred: “The book was nonsense. Utter drivel. I can’t believe you all were taken in by it.”
Eddie: “I uhh, I ain’t totally sure what’s gone on here either, Mister Alfred, but somethin’ did.”
Ulysses: “Jeese, I hope I never kill folks like that after I die…”
Eddie: laughs a little “That book don’t say nothin’ ’bout any other angry spooks ’round here do it?”
Alfred rolls his eyes and checks over his flame thrower.
Bear: “if you do, I will hunt you down and put you to rest”
Ulysses: “Thanks Chief…Yer a real pal”
The Marshal: The sun is almost down now.
Ulysses: “Kimosabe”
Alfred: “Are we quite ready to get back on the trail to Chanute?”
Ulysses: “Do you think its safe to stay here now?”
Eddie: gives Ulysses an uneasy look
Alfred: “Stay here? Do you really think we’ll get any sleep with these dreadful insects swarming out after us?”
Bear: “we should move away from this unholy den before we camp. It is safer in the wild”
Ulysses: “Or would you rather camp out on the prairie?”
Eddie: “I’m sidin’ with him…” gestures towards Kuruk
Ulysses: “OK then”
Bear: “lets go”
Eddie: “Y’two alright, d’y’wanna ride?”
Ulysses: “I always prefer a rood and a bed but whatever, i guess.”
Ulysses: roof
Eddie: (( offer rescinded then! ))
Bear: mounts his trusty steed
Alfred: “Ask that wretched barkeep it he’ll let you use his place. He apparently had something to ward off the bugs”
Alfred returns to his horse and clumsily climbs into the saddle
Eddie: “Hah, that glass throwin’ fella?”
Alfred: “Yes sir, that’s the man”
The Marshal: So you head out into the prairie?
Eddie: “Thinkin’ we’re better off not in Prosperity, here…”
The Marshal: You ride a ways out of town until the light fails you and set up camp.
The Marshal rolled : 1d20
19 =

19
The Marshal: Deep in the night, you hear a train whistle wail.
The Marshal: Far off in the distance.
The Marshal: The sun rises.
Eddie: sleeping probably?
The Marshal: And you continue your ride to Dodge City.
Ulysses rolled : 1d4!
1 =

1
Ulysses rolled : 1d6!
1 =

1
The Marshal: You have forgotten what a train is.
Ulysses: “Quiet you damn dogs!” and rolls back over to sleep
Eddie: http://www.wcawijngaards.dds.nl/sw_gen/sw_gen.html
The Marshal: You ride the trail for a couple more days and arrive in Dodge City around noon on July 2nd.
The Marshal: brb.
Alfred: ((Tommy was out putting a hit on someone, and accidentally shot big foot))
The Marshal: Make that July 1st.
The Marshal: Dodge City is full of people. Banners saying “100 YEARS!” and “CENTENNIAL” hang all around.
Eddie: looking around with great interest
The Marshal: The atmosphere is that of a party even though signs declare that the festivities start tomorrow on the 2nd.
Alfred: “Oh wonderful! We haven’t missed the celebration.”
Bear: “what are they celebrating?”
Eddie: “Well, freedom an’ independence from a foreign power, y’know.”
Ulysses: “Looks like its gonna be a real hootennanny!”
Alfred: “Our independence from British oppression. You should celebrate as well, your people would have been treated in awful ways had they remained in power here.”
Bear: “oh”
The Marshal: A sign you see looks familiar: “Deputies wanted! Inquire at the Marshal’s station with Deputy Wyatt Earp.”
Ulysses: “Maybe you can get hired to shoot of some fireworks”
The Marshal: “$10 a day!”
Eddie: “Well now, I know why I came out this way, but what’d y’all wanna do here?”
Bear: “destroy evil spirits and the unholy”
Eddie: nervous laugh “Sounds like y’had a full time job back there’n Prosperity then, mister.”
Alfred: “I had an interest in finding a patron. I’ll need funding…. Really? Is that what you intend to do. You’d have done better chasing spirits for your own people.”
The Marshal: Another sign draws Eddie’s interest: “Centennial Horse Race! July 3rd!”
Eddie: interest in the conversation dwindles, Eddie starts wandering towards that sign…
Ulysses seeing the marshal sign, draws his hat down to cover his eyes
Alfred looks around for tasteful gambling dens of bars. Places where the wealthy might hang out
Eddie: “Huh, so… hah, what’re y’guys doin’ for the next couple of days? Got anythin’ planned?”
Alfred: “I’d like to speak with some potential investors. If any can be found here. I had hoped the celebration would draw them as well”
The Marshal: The horse race sign continues, “Inquire at Dog Eye Saloon.”
Eddie: “So one’s all business, no surprise there… an’ you two?”
Ulysses: “There’s got to be work to be found here. I’m gonna be doin that”
Eddie: has made an indelible mental note regarding the race
Eddie: looks to Kuruk “Why don’t y’go an’ see the military an’ all that for the centennial?”
Bear: “I am going to wait for the next sign”
Ulysses casually looks for wanted posters to see if he recognizes anyone
Bear: “I also need money”
Eddie: “Well, so… I guess this’s it then? Y’all are doin’ new things now?”
The Marshal: You pass the post office and see the board of wanted posters. There’s one listing “Coyote Kid” but the picture is of a man with a bandanna pulled up over his nose. And the hat is wrong.
Alfred: “We’d have money, if you’d gotten the reward for preventing the bank robbery”
Eddie: (( quick afk ))
Eddie: “Uhh, well, there might be a way t’make money if y’all figure y’can ride… ‘cause I know I’m doin’ that!”
Bear: “ulysses, are there any bounties that we can take on?”
Ulysses: “I may go talk to Deputy Erp.”
Bear: “It looks like the coyote fella should be brought to justice?”
Bear: “if not lets look into the deputy role”
Alfred: “I’ll accompany you through town, but I’d rather not get bound to such a position.”
Bear: “I can think of a few white men that should be contained”
Bear: looks at alfred
Bear rolled (notice) : 1d6!>=4
1 succ. =

15
Bear rolled (wild) : 1d6!>=4
0 succ. =

2
Bear: “follow me. I know where it is”
Eddie: “Uhh, all of us?”
Alfred: “No reason to separate. We can all travel. Perhaps we’ll pass your horse race along the way”
Bear: No, Alfred can stay
The Marshal: After a few minutes you find the marshal’s office. A man with a thick mustache, fine city clothes, a round hat, and pistol slung low on his hip leans against the wall outside.
Eddie: “Y’two really wanna be lawmen out here? I hear it’d keep y’busy, I guess…”
The Marshal: And also a badge…
Ulysses: “Were going to see the Deputy. You anna come or should we meet up someplace else?”
Alfred: “It is all the same to me. I’m sure we’ll all end up at some hotel by nightfall”
Ulysses: “Howdie! Were lookin fer Deputy Errrp?”
Eddie: “Uhh, yeah, ain’t sure I should be… too late.”
The Marshal: “I’m Wyatt Earp. Howdy.”
Bear: “How”
The Marshal: “You looking to be deputies for the festivities?”
Eddie: tips hat
Bear: “Yes we are”
The Marshal: “C’mon in then.”
The Marshal: He goes in the office. It’s small. He sits in one of the two chairs.
Alfred rolled : 1d10
5 =

5
Eddie: keeps to the back of the group, and quiet
Ulysses stands behind the other chair
→ Jason Beighel: that was my "what did I forget? roll.
Bear: stands next to the chairs
The Marshal: He asks your names and some general information.
Eddie: (( the chair is lava ))
Bear: “I am Kuruk”
The Marshal: “Any of you wanted?”
Ulysses: “So what are ye lookin fer Deputies to do?”
Bear: “No sir”
Eddie: “Heavens no, mister!”
The Marshal: “Deputies will be on duty evenings while the parties are going on. Starting at 6:00.”
Alfred stands in the back idly looking around the building or peering out windows
Ulysses: “Only by certain folks..like the ladies” wink
The Marshal: “Sure…”
Eddie: “Uhh, I’m just followin’ my friends here, Mister, uhh, Mister Deputy? I got plans on the third already…”
Ulysses: “How many days is the party going for?”
The Marshal: “Well, son..” he squints, “sorry, ma’am, I need four for Walnut street and I see four of you here.”
Bear: “yes, how many days and when do we get paid?”
The Marshal: “If you’re thinking of the horse race, that’s in the morning. You can still race.”
Eddie: “Ahh, heh, well then… oh! Really, that’s different then!”
Bear: “will you be able to race if you don’t get the proper amount of sleep?”
Eddie: “Trust me.”
The Marshal: “I’m paying $10 per day. Starting tomorrow night and going through the 4th.”
Bear: “hmm…so $40?”
Eddie: “An’ we just gotta keep an eye on folks from gettin’ rowdy? Seems easy enough. Guess y’need more eyes to watch everyone though.”
Bear: “it’s a deal”
The Marshal: “The town council has seen fit to NOT take my advice and ban firearms for the duration, so I expect all deputies to pay mind to the law even when not on duty.”
Ulysses: “That’s just fine by me”
Ulysses: “Wait…what law you talkin about?”
Alfred: ((Were I to put down rowdy drunkards by cremating them. Is that ok? or will I get sent to HR or something?))
The Marshal: “Town law. You’re on duty even when you’re not ON duty.”
Bear: We can shoot demons, ghosts, and spirits, right?
Eddie: “So y’just want us t’keep an eye on folks an’ make sure they ain’t misbehavin’, we only gotta work at night an’ y’payin’ us? Sounds pretty good!”
Alfred: “Have you all been hired then? That seemed a quick interview.”
Ulysses: “So we just stay on Walnut street? Anything we need to know about the area?”
The Marshal: “There are a few confederates in town who might look for trouble if they get a bit too much drink in them. Look out for that.”

Chat Log 11-28-12

Deadlands: How the West Was Weird Hexxenhammer Hexxenhammer